Friday, August 13, 2010

Resting My Back

Ha! Even with the meds, I'm finding it nigh impossible to sit and rest my back like I should. I decided last night, since I'd gotten the kids down fairly early (a trend I hope to continue tonight) that I'd split my time and work on a handful of projects.
  • Got the knit washcloth swap packaged up and ready to go - I'll go to the post office Monday so I can take anything that might get finished over the weekend as well.
  • I am two rows away from finishing the Knit Apron v2. I will skulk about the house with a camera tonight and get pictures of it as well.
  • Finished the main body of the teapot and lid for my crochet tea set. It's entirely too cute so far.
  • Picked up my Skew socks again and got another inch or so on the foot. Most of the time I'd devoted to working on this was spent trying to figure out where I was in the pattern. (There is a sticky note now so I won't have to go through that again)
  • Briefly touched the $1.5 Cardigan - once again, since it's been so long since I picked it up, I had a hard time figuring out where I was and getting going from there.

Still to do:

  • Embroidery on the bag. I need to put some time to this over the weekend, as it needs to be in the mail by Wednesday and I still have to finish the lining and add a handle. Eep. Deadlines.
  • Pick my ATC's to be traded - waiting to get my partner for this so I can pick something they might like.
  • Get my partner for the Tool ATC and get that in the mail. I even have a card and envelope made up already - just need a person to send it to.
  • I need to finish the card kit as well. I haven't made much progress recently and while the deadline is still a month away, I don't want it to get lost in the shuffle. Plan on putting time to it next weekend.
  • Amigurumi for my RAK. Sorry for the lack of details, but I want it to be a surprise. Trust me, it will be adorable.
  • Crochet dress
  • The evil homespun blanket. This thing is gonna haunt me, I can tell already.
  • Finish Knit Apron v2, post pictures and pattern, get some people to test and hopefully come up with a way to size it up as well.
  • Finish the tea set for the kids
  • Second Skew sock. It's just a matter of picking it up on a regular basis.
  • $1.5 Cardigan - really wanting to have this done to snuggle up in for the winter.
  • Jeannie Wrap - another one that I haven't picked up in a while. I really need to get my hands on this once some of my deadline-conscious stuff is off my plate.
  • Scrap Bag: closer to being done than one might think.
  • Christmas cards
  • Wedding Present: looked at yarn online for this last night and finding a non-wool is going to be tough. I want to keep it something warm and snuggly, but my options are silk, cotton and alternative fibers like bamboo. I'm leaning toward a textured cotton or tape-type yarn, but I want a pretty hand-dyed color, not just a plain solid. Messing with the idea of combining silk and cotton. Need to look at more yarn.
  • New potential projects: Mostly stuff for the kids. Hats, sweaters, socks. Plus I want to make Der Hubs a new hat and there was a Leverage-inspired pattern posted on Ravelry the other day. Hrmmmm ... First step I guess is getting the patterns picked out. I'm thinking these for the girls, in a Fall/Winter 2011 appropriate size. I'm really loving the patterns on Petite Purls and I haven't even checked out the Summer 2010 set yet. Oh, boy, I'm in trouble.

No comments: