Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Weekend Knitting and Other Stuff

I suppose I owe you all an update on my current projects and whether or not I've been keeping up with my schedule. (That would be ... em, sort of.)

Here we go:
  • Mom's Socks - up to the cuff on Sock 1. I opted to go with a short ankle-type cuff rather than a long section of leg due to the fact that the super-soft and super-light alpaca/silk yarn is utterly floppy and I'd have to knit elastic into the leg to get it to hold like a sock should. So, soft silky slippy ankle socks it is. Up against the schedule, I'm actually a day ahead so I'll pick up the socks again Wednesday.
  • Andy's Sweater - Got more yarn, finished the collar and got the first half of one sleeve done. On this one, I'm about a day behind, as I should be finishing up the second half of that sleeve today. Guess what I'm working on tonight?
  • Shawl: Honestly, I haven't touched it all weekend, as I've been wanting to focus on getting my mom's socks finished for Christmas. It's not like I don't have until April to get this thing done (famous last words, huh?) I readjusted the schedule for this (now expecting to finish mid-March) and I've got Round 63 on my plate today.
  • Girls Jackets: Another one I left go over the weekend. I tinkered with that schedule a bit too and now I'm just due to finish 2"of neck strap tonight. There's less wiggle room in this schedule due to the fact I have to make 2, but still enough that I'm not worried. Plus, as I get closer to finishing Christmas and the shawl, I'll be able to put in more time to finish both jackets.
So, that's where I'm at and what I'm looking forward to getting through tonight. I also entered my socks and the sweater for Andy in Wizard's Chess over at HPKCHC on Ravelry. It's a fun group - you should check it out. It's actually helping me finish projects, especially things like birthday presents. Plus I get to check out what everybody else is working on!

No comments: