Friday, January 22, 2010

Week in Review

I have barely touched my knitting this week, though I have broken my 3 projects rule to start little crochet button-on bands for the kids' sippy cups, seeing as the girls will be entering the wide wonderful world of whole milk next week. I'm looking forward to tonight, as it seems the only time I get to knit is Friday nights. So, as a treat to you, my poor tortured reader, I'm going to take you through my typical Friday evening.

I get off of work at 1pm, almost invariably need to pick up *something* from the grocery store on the way home, because that's just my luck.

If the nap fairy came early, everyone's asleep and I have a little time to divide between chores and (hopefully) doing some knitting. In that case, I rouse everyone about 2.30pm for lunch.

If the nap fairy came late, I get to jump right in and start lunch. Most days, the girls are in need of a little boob time as well, and Andy needs a trip to the toilet. We'll have lunch on the table by 2pm and we eat, talk and have a little bit of family time before the evening starts.

If there has not been a nap yet, I get to get Andy and the girls down for nap by 3.30 or 4pm. My husband leaves for work about 4.30 and if they're napping, I get some time to knit and do those stupid chores. If they are already well rested, we might do a little craft project with the big guy or watch a movie. I don't have to worry about dinner Friday nights because Grandma and Poppop come to visit and they bring something.

Well, I baby-wrangle and keep everyone happy until the cavalry arrives at 7 or 7.30, dinner in hand. We eat, bathe babies and big guy, and if I have any additional errands to run, I'll do them quickly. Then I get my shower and the grandparents take my son home with them for an overnight. The girls and I may stay up a little longer, but I usually start rocking them to sleep about 9. By 10 or 10.30pm, I'll have two sleeping babies and (finally!) some time to myself. I knit voraciously and maybe have a glass of wine or some ice cream. This goes on until husband gets home at 1 or 2 am, at which point, I pack myself off to bed, as well.

And there you go. Friday Night. The only day I'm pretty much guaranteed to get time to knit - because I stay up all night.

No comments: